I am partial to a red lip every now and then, especially when I'm going out somewhere, but the question: is out of all the options which red do you choose? So this post aims to help that dilemma get solved, enjoy!
The Wash Of Colour
Not everyone is a fan of the bright, in your face reds, and not everyones lips can deal with having a matte drying lipstick on them. This is why tinted balms and sheer moisturising lipsticks are your friends! The two I have here are the Makeup Gallery Colour Moisture Lipstick in Deep Red and also Benefit's Benebalm. The Makeup Gallery lipstick gives an amazing wash of sheer red colour, without a large price tag as this lipstick retails for £1. Benebalm is a gorgeous moisturising red lip balm, with quite a high price at £14.50, but the packaging is cute and pocket sized, perfect for if you need a moisture boost.
The Last All Day
Rimmel recently, well I say recently, it was a while ago, released a new long lasting lip range: Provocalips. I ended up getting two shades Play With Fire and Kiss Me You Fool, which I got as a Christmas gift. Both are stunning reds. Play With Fire is a bright in your face red and Kiss Me You Fool is a darker blue toned red, which looks stunning on paler skin. When I say these are the 'last all day' I mean it, I wrote a post about its amazing staying power, I had to invest in an oil based makeup remover just to get it off at the end of the night!
The Matte Red
I love, love, love this lipstick! You have no idea how much. I am not a matte lipstick person, my lips are constantly dry and usually they cannot stand any non moisturising products, but Illamasqua's Sangers, they can stand. This is such a perfect product, it packs such a punch of colour in one swipe and is quite long lasting. Though it does transfer and needs a top up every now and then, I would definitely wear this out because it's such a nice lipstick.
The Brights
If you're looking for another couple of reds that pack a punch, these two certainly do that. BellaPierre Ruby and Rimmel Apocalips Big Bang are the definition of that. Ruby is a bright blue toned red, it has a creamy texture which glides on to the lips so easily. Big Bang is along the same lines, but is a liquid lipstick and has a much more glossy finish, definitely the one to choose of you want a glossy almost liquid lip look.
If you're going somewhere and were thinking whether or not to wear a red lip, I hope this helped! I'd love to know if it did. Do you like the reds I featured? Was I missing any?









Great picks! I love benebalm for a more natural and moisturising red lip. My favourite red lipstick has to be the NARS audacious lipstick in 'Carmen' it is such a beautiful shade and is extremely long lasting!
ReplyDeleteToni x
www.clarkecouture.co.uk
MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY:
http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html
And there goes another lipstick onto my wishlist!xx
DeleteI always love a good red lip and even for everyday wear if I'm feeling bold :D I love the Illamasqua shade swatch and currently use the Nars Annabella lipstick and really want to try the new Burberry Military red shade xx
ReplyDeleteJenny | Krystel Couture ♥
Military Red does look beautiful, but I'll have to save for a while!xx
DeleteI love red lips on other people but I'm never brave enough to wear it myself! x
ReplyDeleteJordan Alice
I used to be the same but then I took the plunge and now I love red lips xx
DeleteLove every shade you mentioned, my go to is Ruby Woo by MAC!
ReplyDeleteAlice | Sheer Beautiful | Bloglovin' x
I've had my eye on Ruby Woo but so many people say it's quite drying and I don't think my lips could handle it xx
DeleteI love Red lipsticks. They are usually my go to colour. At the moment my favourite is Loreals Blake lipstick
ReplyDeleteBeth x
Mermaid in Disguise
I'd love to try that it's been on my wish list for a while xx
Delete