I'll be honest that title sounds like I've got another cat or something. (Self confessed crazy cat lady already!) Actually it's not that exciting, well for me it is!
I finally did it. I took the plunge and bought myself a camera! If you follow me on twitter you've probably seen me tweet on at least one occasion that I really wanted a camera so I could start YouTube. Initially I thought I would get said camera and start YT next year while I'm at uni. However I have a decent paying part time job and it was just my birthday and I decided that I would celebrate my birthday by buying myself a camera.
The camera I decided to get was the Canon 700D. It wasn't a spur of the moment decision, I had spent hours researching different cameras. The must have in the camera I wanted had to be a vari-angle screen so I can see myself while filming because I want to be in focus and in shot. This narrowed down my selection a lot as very few cameras actually have this feature. I was hoping to get a camera under £400 and this is just over, unless you find a really good deal like I luckily did.
The deal in question was at Jessops. The camera and lens usually come in at £479 on the Canon website which was a bit steep. At other retailers like Argos, Curry's and also Jessops it is usually marked down at a slightly more reasonable £449. All through summer until the 31st of August Canon offer £40 cashback on this camera which made it a lot more affordable. Even better than this was when I went into Jessops and saw it was reduced to £399. Result much! Overall, once you take the cashback off, the camera cost around £100 less than Canon advertise it at. Obviously I have had to buy some accessories to keep it safe so getting it at such a discount is really helping me finance it!
I hope you end up watching me on YouTube, my first videos will be around Halloween time as that is my favourite time for makeup and I can get my FX on!
I bought a camera lately,too! So happy for you and I hope you'll start yt channel soon :)xoxo
ReplyDeleteVildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE